As you can tell by the picture, I was a little hungry bear this morning but it’s ok because this recipe is gluten, soy, dairy, and sugar free. Clean eating FTW!
What you will need:
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour (Almond Flour Recipe)
- 3/4 cup Oat Flour (Gluten-Free)
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk (Almond Milk Recipe)
- Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder (Gluten-Free)
- 1 tsp Stevia or Agave nectar
- Fruit of choice
I usually never buy Oat Flour since it’s really easy to make. Throw some gluten-free oats into your blender or magic bullet until you have a fine powder and that’s it OAT FLOUR!
Let’s get started!
1)Turn your stove burner to medium heat and while that warms, mix all your dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk your egg and milk together in a separate container.
2) Mix both the wet and dry ingredients together. The batter shouldn’t be too thick or too thin.
3) Once the pan is warm enough, lower the temperature to medium-low heat, coat the pan with a little bit of olive oil and slowly pour in the batter.
4) Top the pancake with the fruit of your liking. I like blueberries.
5) Cover the pancake with a clear lid. This allows the pancake to cook faster.
6) Watch for bubbles on the surface and the edges. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes and you are DONE!
Top with some homemade strawberry sauce or whip cream (dairy or non-dairy of your choice) and you have the perfect breakfast for the 4th of July holidays:)