If you’ve been following me on Facebook, you know that I’ve been on an ice cream craving binge lately from the last picture I posted.
Even looking at it right now make me want to hop out of bed as I write this, go downstairs to the freezer and take one out of the wrapper. No! Self-control Rakhi. You’ve already had a bowl of Coconut Bliss Madagascar Vanilla. Mmm Vanilla..
Soo why I love So Delicious Coconut Milk Almond Chocolate Ice Cream Bars
- Creamy, smooth, perfectly sweet, but not overly rich or sugary
- Quality ingredients (organic)
- Soy free
- Gluten free
- Dairy free (I’m not allergic to dairy, but for anyone who is, this is the perfect alternative)
- Tastes just like a CRUNCH Ice Cream bar
- I feel guilt-free
So Delicious right now has a printable coupon offer on their site, $0.55 off http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/get-coupons
As for my self-control…I’m going in for another bite.
It’s almost Valentine’s day so I felt a little inspired to make these gluten-free, dairy-free AND sugar-free heart shaped tarts. They’re packed with protein and are super easy to make.
Makes ~ 8 tarts
- 1 cup pitted Dates
- 1 cup Almonds (blanched)
- 1/2 Banana
Coconut Whip Cream
- 1 1/2 cup Full Fat Organic Coconut milk (canned, should be solid when shaken not milky)
- 1/8 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons of Stevia (or to taste)
Directions for Tart Base
1. Blend the almonds in a food processor for about 10-15 seconds, doesn’t have to be smooth. We’re going for a little crunchy texture.
2. Add in the pitted dates and 1/2 banana. It helps to cut these up to speed the blending process.
3. Place the base in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up.
4. After removing from the fridge, use mini heart shape cookie cutters to cut out the base and create pockets in the center and raise the edges so it looks like a heart-shaped bowl. Place in the fridge again to firm up.
Directions for Coconut Whip Cream
5. Pour out the cream from the can and throw out the liquid part that usually sits on top
6. Add the stevia and vanilla and whisk to blend ingredients together
7. Place in the fridge to firm for 1-2 hours.
Then place, and decorate with fruit and coconut flakes! You can let these chill for 1-2 hours in the fridge or overnight until ready to serve.