This post is a little overdue, but with the hum drum of the holidays, and with recently being in rehearsals for the music video shoot of “Empire Vampire” for The Goodnight Darlings it didn’t dawn on me until now that the interview I did with Zardozi Magazine months ago was published. So here it is, better late than never, the Fall/Winter 2014 issue, pages 96-97. Check them out and support them. Thank you Zardozi Magazine for the feature and beautiful write-up. I hope to keep spreading the word of health, positivity, and happiness in 2015!
Photography credits: Bottom left: Rakhi Roy; Top right: Priyanka Chandra; Middle right: Rakhi Roy; Bottom right: Priyanka Chandra
Featured posts: Valentine’s Gluten Free Dairy Free Heart Tarts ; Coconut Bliss Ice Cream New Flavors Review; Oat Flour Crepes Recipe
It’s almost Valentine’s day so I felt a little inspired to make these gluten-free, dairy-free AND sugar-free heart shaped tarts. They’re packed with protein and are super easy to make.
Makes ~ 8 tarts
- 1 cup pitted Dates
- 1 cup Almonds (blanched)
- 1/2 Banana
Coconut Whip Cream
- 1 1/2 cup Full Fat Organic Coconut milk (canned, should be solid when shaken not milky)
- 1/8 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons of Stevia (or to taste)
Directions for Tart Base
1. Blend the almonds in a food processor for about 10-15 seconds, doesn’t have to be smooth. We’re going for a little crunchy texture.
2. Add in the pitted dates and 1/2 banana. It helps to cut these up to speed the blending process.
3. Place the base in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up.
4. After removing from the fridge, use mini heart shape cookie cutters to cut out the base and create pockets in the center and raise the edges so it looks like a heart-shaped bowl. Place in the fridge again to firm up.
Directions for Coconut Whip Cream
5. Pour out the cream from the can and throw out the liquid part that usually sits on top
6. Add the stevia and vanilla and whisk to blend ingredients together
7. Place in the fridge to firm for 1-2 hours.
Then place, and decorate with fruit and coconut flakes! You can let these chill for 1-2 hours in the fridge or overnight until ready to serve.